Pull out your tropical shirts, put on your sunglasses, go sockless in your boat shoes, wear your favorite beach hat, and join us for a weekend of relaxation in the tropics . . . just remember, life is what we make it! Each ticket holder receives a gift item at their starting winery. A self-guided tour "cruising" around beautiful Seneca Lake, visiting over 30 unique wineries, each with their own tropical theme, over the 2-1/2 day weekend of "fun in the tropics".
This wine and food pairing event was conceived to help break you out of the winter doldrums! Visit the Trail, enjoy some great wine, sample the tropically-themed dishes served at each of the participating wineries, and enjoy the many activities and themes that each winery takes special care to create. What better way to escape winter, than to cruise around the Trail sampling wines, eating unique food and having a great time with your friends and family!
This event is co-sponsored by the Elmira Corning Regional Airport (ELM). ELM serves the Twin Tiers and Finger Lakes region with direct flights to Detroit, Philadelphia and Orlando with New York City flights starting this summer. The Airport offers business and leisure travelers convenient access to major airline hubs, both domestic and international, while maintaining the advantages of a small, regional airport: Quick and easy access to ground transportation, shorter check-in times, less congestion, fewer delays, and no big airport hassles. Fly in. Fly out. It's that easy.
The Elmira Corning Regional Airport will be sponsoring a contest this year: make sure you to accurately complete the address at the bottom of your ticket stub, and submit it at your starting winery, and be entered to win 2 round trip tickets on Allegiant Air, non-stop between Elmira and Orlando-Sanford International Airport! Restrictions apply. And the other reason to make sure you fully complete your survey card for this event, is so you will also be entered into a random drawing for a sailboat cruise this summer aboard the Lee Anne 1 for 6 people courtesy of Seneca Sailing Adventures! Restrictions apply.
The following are recipes for 2012 and some of our past Cruisin' The Tropics weekends: 2011, 2010
MARCH 23-25, 2012
Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (2-1/2 day event)
|ADVANCE TICKET PRICE:
|$30 per person (wine tasting ticket).
$20 for designated driver tickets (alternative non-alcoholic beverage offered).
Click on the "Tickets" link above, then click on "Event Tickets" to purchase tickets to his event through our partner Eventbrite.Ticket orders will be processed by our partner site Eventbrite. They will email you your e-tickets, which must be redeemed for your actual event tickets at your starting winery. You must start at your starting winery henceforth, because until you visit your starting winery, you will not have your actual tickets. Furthermore, because of this, it is even more important that groups of attendees purchase their tickets on one order, to guarantee that all attendees will have the exact same starting winery.Tickets purchased are not refundable, exchangeable or changeable. Seneca Lake Wine Trail events are never cancelled.Our events oftentimes sell out, so you should purchase your tickets well in advance of the event itself. For those events that do not sell out, we stop selling tickets in advance by 1:00 p.m. EST the Wednesday before the event weekend. After that tickets will be available to purchase at a few designated wineries, with an additional charge of $5 per ticket.
Sorry, weekend packages are now sold out. Includes tickets, lodging and transportation for two, click here.
Many wineries adopt tropical themes during this event. Here is a list of just some of the themes, in no particular order, that you can look forward to enjoying:
- Anthony Road Wine Company- Puerto Rico
- Ventosa Vineyards- Margaritaville
- JR Dill Winery- Parrot-dise
- Penguin Bay Winery- Hawaii
- Seneca Shore Wine Cellars- Tiki-hut
- Miles Wine Cellars- Isle of Tortuga, Pirates of the Caribbean-style, with prizes for winners of their pirate trivia contest, a treasure map, and more!
- Tickle Hill Winery- Under the Sea
- Torrey Ridge Winery- Hick-a-Billy Island
- Three Brothers Wineries and Estates- "Bagg Dare Bayou" will be the meeting spot for some "Big Easy"-styled fun! Decked out in French Quarter/ Mardi Gras colors and flair, "Crusin' the Tropics" ticket holders will be celebrating in style while trying some genuine Jumpin' Jambalya, paired with Bagg Dare's delicious sweet wines!
- Lakewood Vineyards- Crüzisland, an imaginary island with their own national grape, Pinot Gris!
- Zugibe Vineyards- Gilligan's Island
- Glenora Wine Cellars - Chillaxin' Sunset
The following is a list of some themes wineries adopted in the past during this event:
- Torrey Ridge Winery presents Huck-A-Billy Island offering Kissin' Cous'ns Chicken dish
- Earle Estates Winery & Meadery's theme is Butterfly Gardens, serving up the dish Strawberry Dream Delight and Strawberry Shadows wine.
- Lakewood vineyards , come visit Isle of Sangria, sampling Sangria Island Chicken and Abby Rose wine.
- Come to Miles Wine Cellars for Cruisin' the Tropics and dive into a world of pirates and party. Enjoy Shiver Me Timbers Frozen Cheesecake with Call Me A Cab Fudge Sauce paired with, of course, Miles Call Me A Cab wine. Follow the treasure map and stop at their Dead Mans Cove to devour a roasted Sea Dog, booty free, all day Saturday and Sunday. Stomp your buckled boot to the live music of Captain Bob Wayfarer Walpole on Sunday. Test your pirate knowledge and score a cool message in a bottle. All Grogfree ticketholders (DD) get an awesome gift.
- Visit Belhurst Winery's Spanish Fiesta and sample their Shrimp, Chicken and Chorizo Paella dish
- Adventure into Arcticitavile at Penguin Bay Winery!